Poppy Hat. A 3 part knitting class
Learn how to knit a hat with ear flaps. Poppy starts with icord that increases to form the ear flaps, then the body of the hat is worked. The hat is worked in the round and has a simple stitch pattern that can followed on a chart or written directions.
Poppy needs only one ball of the color changing yarn Wizard from Berroco.
Materials and tools extra.
Skill Level Advanced Beginner: Need to know Cast on, Knit, Purl and Bind off
Approximately (19, 21)“ / (48.5, 53.5) cm around x 8” / 20.5 cm high (not including earflaps)
Shown in 21” / 53.5 cm size.
Photo is in color #2933 Apatite
16” / 40 cm circular needle, size 8 / 5 mm
1 set double-pointed needles size 8 / 5 mm
2 double-pointed needles, size 7 / 4.5 mm
Gauge: 19 sts and 26 rnds = 4” / 10 cm in St st and pattern stitch on larger needle
The Knitty Gritty!
- Please contact us at least one week in advance for class reservations.
- Payment is due at least 48 hours in advance of the class.
- Private lessons are available for $15/half-hour or $30/hour of one-on-one instruction.
- There is never any charge for help on class projects.
- Except where noted, yarns must be purchased from Idea Studio for class.
- If you must cancel your class, please call at least 48 hours in advance of the class for a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the class, we will happily apply your class fee towards another class of your choosing.
- Any unattended class must be made up within 30 days
- If you need ongoing help on any of your projects, please sign up for our Coach Program. We offer 12 half hour help sessions for $80. You only use them when you need help. Use them over one project or ten, it doesn’t matter. They don’t expire, and you just need to call to make sure we are available when you want to come.